Requirements for our Beauty School and Nursing School
Universal Career School is an equal opportunity employer and follows the same policies in accepting applications from potential students. Universal Career School is open to all students without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, origin, sexual orientation, disability or marital status.
Applicants must furnish proof of Secondary Education, or copy of a high school diploma, or transcript, or a graduate equivalency diploma (GED).
If diploma is from a foreign country and it is equivalent to a U.S. High School Diploma it must be officially translated into English, indicating that is equivalent to a U.S. High School Diploma and notarized by a Notary Public.
Students must be a minimum of 16 years of age to take the State Board Examination for the Cosmetology and Barber professions. Interested applicants will receive a copy of the school catalog at the time of enrollment. Note: Nursing-AS prospective students who have a criminal record involving a felony will be permitted to enroll in the programs.
However, each applicant for licensure will be required to answer questions on the application related to certain past behaviors or legal history. The Board of Nursing will review applications for the licensure and address criminal offenses on a case-by-case basis.
Upon written request, the student may be admitted to an advanced level of training, after evaluation of official transcripts of the other educational institution, after they have withdrawn from it. The evaluation will be conducted by the Registrar and may include both written and practical examinations. Students may not transfer in more than 75% of the program hours/credits to the receiving school. The school does not recruit students already attending or admitted to another school offering similar programs.
Note: All hours/credits attempted will count toward Title IV, HEA funding 150% quantitative requirements, not just the hours/credits that were accepted as transfer hours/credits.
Working as either an Allied Health or Beauty professional can take a physical toll on the human body with many hours standing on their feet performing client/patient services. Beauty professionals should have good eyesight and good manual dexterity (full use of hands and fingers) to be successful in their field.
Because beauty professionals depend on clients for their livelihood and continued success, the Beauty professional must have excellent public relations skills. Good attitude, personality, good work ethics and professionalism are prerequisites to become a successful beauty professional.
- Students agree to attend School regularly, every day classes and practice (clinic/services) as scheduled, including Saturdays, afternoon or evenings as needed.
- Students agree to comply with Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP), school rules and regulations.
- Students must meet all financial obligations to the School before being permitted to take the final examination.
- Students who have completed required services, but lack required hours, may not refuse to perform any other service until total hours have been fulfilled.
- If student refuses to perform a service, the refusal must be put in writing and signed by the student and the instructor.
- Student/parent or Guardian gives School permission to call upon a physician or refer student for medical assistance in the event of sudden illness or accident. Any expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the student, his or her parent or guardian.
- The enrollment agreement is not subject to alteration or cancellation, except by written consent of the School President whose decision shall be final and conform to any existing State or Federal regulations, which may apply.
- The Institution, within time limit set forth in this agreement, will supply all services required by law.
- School reserves the right to dismiss any student for non-payment of previously agreed fees and tuition, unsatisfactory academic progress or attendance, or failure to comply with rules and regulations.
- All students desiring to enroll will complete an Enrollment Agreement. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age, have parent or guardian approval, if less than 18 years of age.